Monday, June 26, 2006

A Gift from God -- in PINK!

When we put in our driveway and bridge over the creek a couple of years ago, I noticed some pink flowers beside the driveway & creek. There were only a few at the time, so I just figured it was some type of wildflower that had survived the construction, and admired them from afar. This year, they absolutely exploded in a sea of pink beauty, so I went to take a closer look. And they are roses. Beautiful, glorious wild pink roses.

A little background for those who may not know -- pink roses are my favorite flower, but in the three years we've been here, I've never gotten around to planting any. I always found it kind of ironic that I didn't seem to find the time to plant my favorite flower............

But I had pink roses all along. I just had to look.

1 comment:

LTD said...

Becca, your wild roses are beautiful, ours in presently in bloom as well. They smell heavenly too. They look awesome reflected in the water.