Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A White Rose?

On a recent trip to the tractor supply store, we saw a clearance bin of roses. They were pretty sorry looking, but they were only $1.99 each, so we bought two of the white climbing roses (or so the label said). We have been wanting to put in some pink climbing roses on the arbor, but had not worked them into the budget yet. The label on these said they are white roses that sometimes can be tinged with a slight touch of pink, so I figured that would have to be close enough (at that price!).

Once we brought them home and regularly watered them, they began to green up and look much healthier. Imagine my delight when the first rose appeared, and it was completely PINK!! Especially in light of my other recent discovery of wild pink roses that I shared in my last post.

I am so glad that God knows my heart, because there is no way I could otherwise adequately express the gratitude and joy I feel from His two recent gifts to me of these pink roses.

No comments: